One of the benefits of using Easy Webcam Photobooth is that you can customize your own logo overlay easily. It’s perfect for the DIY event photobooth. You don’t need to have any special or expensive software like photoshop (but you can use if you have it). To help position your logo and decorations it’s recommended that you take a set of pictures in the desired layout and then use that as a guide for your logo. More detailed instructions below.
We have a screen-recording showing how you can create your own custom overlay using Pixlr.com.
Here are detailed instructions using the free Windows Image Editor called Paint.net to create your own photobooth overlay. Again, you can use any image editor that allows you to create modify png files (eg Photoshop). You only need to do this once for every time you want to change your logo, after that every set of pictures you take will use the same logo.
- Launch Easy Webcam Photobooth
- Click on the button labeled Settings to open the Settings menu.
- Choose the location to save all your pictures by clicking on Change Save Directory button.
- Choose the layout setting you want by clicking on the drop down beside Layout Type.
- Click on the button labeled Close.
- Take 4 pictures by clicking on the button labeled ‘Start Set’, or clicking on the Live Preview Screen, or clicking on the Black Button.
- Easy Photobooth will take four pictures and save the file in the directory you specified in Settings.
- Open the file in Paint.net
- Select the picture file in the open file dialog.
- Ensure that the Layers Panel is displayed by going to Window then selecting Layers
- Add Layer by clicking on the little white square with a green plus icon.
- Add decoration such as borders in this layer by making sure it remains selected. Add text or logo in the place you want by using the tools (have fun by drawing lines and borders or adding text.)
- Remove background Layer by selecting the Background Layer in the Layers Panel and then clicking the button with the red X to delete the layer. You should see a checkered background behind and around the decorations you set. The checkered background represents the parts of the group image that will show through.
- Save as transparent PNG in a known location by clicking on File in the menu bar, then Save As. Select PNG as the file type.
Click the OK button to use the default configuration, ensure that you can see the checkered background.
- You may be asked to Flatten the layers. Click on Flatten.
- Set as logo by going back into Easy Webcam Photobooth, then Clicking on Settings, and Choose Logo… then select the logo file you just created.
That’s it! Easy Webcam Photobooth will use the same logo overlay for all your groupshots. If you have any questions or if you would like to request an overlay be created for you contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can always try a free demo.